08 April 2009

London Scenes, Part 1

Great cup of coffee with a friend at The Hoxton in Shoreditch... amazing designs. I particularly like the mounted branch.


Dinner at the always amazing Wagamama, where I had my favorite dish, the Chicken Katsu Curry. Apparently there's one location in Boston, but it's rumored to be hit-or-miss. I highly suggest a New York version for any young entrepreneurs interested.


Little known fact: Budweiser, as we know it in the US, is not actually the original. There is a Czech beer also known as Budweiser that has a hundred years or so more history than the US version. There is also a world of difference in taste, as the Czech Budvar is heavier and much more bold. Now, I'm not hating on our US version, in fact, there's nothing I like more in the summertime than a ice cold Budweiser and some BBQ, but goddamn this Budvar is good. I believe it's called Czechvar in the United States as to avoid any mixups.



Something about these "crisps" that are far superior to American "chips". Not sure what exactly, but the Brits really know what they're doing in the salt and vinegar departments... also amazing after a couple of those Budweisers


That's all for yesterday, was a bit jet-lagged and slept very late.

1 comment:

Jani said...

Make sure you bring some of that beer and chips home for your dad ...

Love you,

Mom and Dad